Today I’m sharing step 7: Eat more fruits and vegetables
As a child you were likely told to eat more fruits and vegetables. This is because fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants.
Antioxidants are important micronutrients that help slow down the aging process in your body.
What are antioxidants?
antioxidant |ˌantēˈäksidənt, ˌantī-|
a substance that inhibits oxidation, especially one used to counteract the deterioration of stored food products.
- a substance such as vitamin C or E that removes potentially damaging oxidizing agents in a living organism.
In the video I am sharing today, Dr. Sears shares how what you eat can slow down the aging process.
Here’s a quick review of what you have learned
- Aging is like rusting
- Oxidation occurs continuously in the human body, producing free radicals that are neutralized by antioxidants.
- Accelerated Glycation End productS are formed when sugars attach to proteins changing the structure of the protein, making them sticky. (These proteins are called AGES)
- AGES act like sludge in the body – think wrinkles and hardening of the arteries.
“Reduce rust to avoid the itises: hardening of the arteries, arthritis, bronchitis, dermatitis, Alzheimer’s”
I hope you are enjoying this series on prime time health. It really only takes a few simple changes to make a big difference to your health.
These are the steps we have covered:
- Make health your hobby
- Keep your arteries clean
- Graze on good food
- Reduce your waist
- Eat more seafood, less meat
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
Steps 8 and 9 coming this week!
[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#1c2852″ size=”2″]
If what you are learning in this series is new to you, or you’d like more support, I offer a FREE 20 minute health consultation. Schedule your session today!
[su_button url=”https://pharmacytofarmacy.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?appointmentType=467728″ target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#5051bc” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: apple” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Schedule your FREE 20 minute health consultation today![/su_button]
Karen Hunter is a certified health coach. She supports individuals who are ready to be educated and learn natural ways to restore their health.
She focuses on the foundational aspects of health and wellness: whole food nutrition, safe movement, restorative sleep, stress management and having fun.