The month of December is marching on. Holiday celebrations have begun. Unless you are a solopreneur, it is likely the inevitable plates of baked goodies are appearing in the break room at work. They look so tempting don’t they? Well, I’m here to help you!
Here are five tips to avoid giving into temptation.
- Pack your own food. Take snack items you want to eat during your break or volunteer to bring food to share. Here is a link for 20 Healthy Snack ideas.
- Eat before you attend a holiday party. Having a healthy snack before you attend a gathering prevents you from arriving “starving”. Everyone makes better choices when they are not hungry.
- Choose wisely. When you are at a festive gathering choose to snack from the fresh vegetable platter. Fresh vegetables are good for you!
- When you are invited to a potluck always offer to bring something you like to eat. If you are on a limited diet, or just avoiding certain foods, offering to bring a dish you can eat means you don’t go home hungry.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no thank you”. Simply decline when the tray comes around with something you are choosing not to eat.
Here is the recipe for a higher protein snack. I call them “Protein Balls”.
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
Combine nuts and pitted dates in a food processor and pulse until mixtures starts to clump.
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP flax seeds
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup almond butter
Pulse mixture after you add each ingredient. Adjust almond butter to desired consistency. Roll into bite size balls and chill.
Adapt this recipe to your preferences by substituting seed butter for almond butter, choosing different nuts, or using more seeds. I store these in the freezer so it is more effort to get to them 😉
I’m excited to introduce you to my latest self-paced coaching program: Less Stress Holidays.
This is a four-week course that will TRANSFORM your understanding how your body responds to stress and what you can do about it!
For all you busy moms out there, this program can be done in four easy, 30-minute sessions at your own pace.
When I first started understanding the information I present in this class, it truly transformed my life and helped me regain my health. Let me help you, too!
Don’t wait until the holidays leave you feeling exhausted. Invest in your health TODAY and enjoy the holidays without feeling overwhelmed.
The introductory price of this stress busting program is $57. It will be available after 12/31/15 for $97.
Sign up HERE today!